Fly control units have been around for over 100 years, and have remained mostly unchanged, but innovation has finally caught up and the next generation of fly control units has arrived. Modern LED fly control units are low-energy, high performance, efficient and eco-friendly.
Traditional UV fly units use bulbs that produce phosphor to lure flies in with UV light, which is invisible to the human eye but is enticing for flies. LED units use electrical currents to create UV light, and the difference is amazing!
The bulbs in traditional units have a fairly short lifespan as they lose their effectiveness, so need replacing at least once a year. They are fairly expensive to run and make a humming noise that we’re all familiar with.
The benefits of the newer versions are
- Longer lasting – Over 10x longer than traditional bulbs with over 20,000 hours of use
- Run more efficiently so they save you money
- Less fragile and more durable
- Easy to install and move
- Quiet running – no annoying humming
- LEDs give off 1/5th less heat so are ideal for summer use
Find out how Shield can help you with your fly control needs here
If you have any questions or need us to come and carry out an audit of your business get in touch today – Call 01757 212727 or email email@example.com